Ava has been asking to make strawberry banana smoothies for the last couple of days, but we just haven’t had the time!
Today, Brian took Chloe to see a movie, so Ava and I had some time to spend together. Making smoothies seemed like a fun activity, so we could have some mom-daughter time.
This can be made as breakfast or a nice healthy snack in the afternoon.
Anytime I have bananas that get a little ripe, I freeze them, to throw them in my superfood super shake. (You can read more about them here)
I also keep a bag of frozen strawberries in the freezer, so I can thaw them out and toss them in plain yogurt for a healthy snack. So we had all the ingredients, without having to go to the store. Winning 🙂
Here is our favorite recipe for Strawberry Banana Smoothies.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen (or fresh) banana
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 tablespoon of honey if needed to sweeten
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- If too thick, you can add more milk. If too thin, add more frozen fruit or ice 🙂