Winter is here and it is cold! It already snowed a little bit a few weeks ago and we are suppose to get 5+ inches sometimes next week! We are prepared with snow suits, gloves, hats and sleds. My girls and their friends love to have hot chocolate after playing in the snow. It’s a tradition they love, plus it warms them up!
I’m not a fan of the box version of hot chocolate, since it has so many extra ingredients.. some I can’t even pronounce. So I began looking up clean, healthy hot chocolate recipes until I found one we like!
This recipe is super easy to make and we usually have all the ingredients. Almond milk (or whatever kind you like), cocoa powder, honey and vanilla extract.
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- 1. Warm the almond milk in a small saucepan.
- 2. Whisk in the cocoa powder, honey and vanilla. Mix well to remove any lumps of cocoa.
- 3. Pour into a mug and enjoy!
- Top with a dash of cinnamon or whipped cream!