Healthy Toddler Snack Ideas!
My kids are always searching for a snack. I think Nick, who is 2, could just graze all day long. I don’t like giving them processed, packaged snacks, so I try to keep stuff on hand to make healthy snacking easy.
Here are a few of their favorites:
- Granola Bars– This is our favorite snack, hands down. I make them homemade, so I know exactly what is in them and they aren’t loaded with sugar. They are super easy to make and never last long.
- Yogurt Bark– This is another super simple snack to make, that is a different twist on yogurt and fruit!
- Loaded Apple slices– Apples and peanut butter is a favorite, this is just a different, fun way to make them. You can even sprinkle on granola, mini chocolate chips or even sprinkles to make it even more fun.
- Banana Roll-ups– When I was little I loved peanut butter and banana sandwiches. These little PB and banana bites and wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla, rolled up and cut into little pieces.
- Frozen Yogurt Blueberries– I use plain greek yogurt and fresh blueberries. Mix them together in a bowl. You can always add a little honey or cinnamon to add some extra flavor. Lay them on a parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze for one hour.
- Homemade trail mix– Cheerios, pretzels, mini M&Ms, raisins. sunflower seeds, almonds or whatever other little snacks you have on hand to throw in. Mix it altogether and enjoy!
- Popcorn– If you pop it yourself and don’t add a ton of butter, this is a fun snack. My kids love watching it pop!
- Fruity ice pops– My daughter would eat ice pops all day long if we let her, these are way better than ones bought from the store!
- Fruit leather– These are really easy to make and so good!
- Ants on a log– I remember eating this in preschool myself. I think if you put peanut butter on anything, it tastes good!
What are some of your kids favorite snakes to have?