Many days go by, where I throw my hair up in a ponytail and don’t do my makeup. I’m home with a toddler all day and the most excitement we have is a trip to the grocery store or to the park!
But, I have to say I feel SO MUCH BETTER when I shower, blow dry my hair and do my makeup. It makes me feel like a real human. When I look good, I feel good. It may sound silly, but I like looking pretty. I like looking nice for my husband when he gets home from work.
It may not happen as often as it should, but I do want to try harder, since it makes me feel good!
I don’t have a lot of time, but throwing on some tinted moisturizer and some mascara doesn’t take that long and makes a huge difference and I honestly feel like a different person.
Here is my list of must haves!
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer– I heard great things about this tinted moisturizer and I must admit, it is a game changer. It is nice and light on my face, but it gives me enough coverage to even out my tired mom skin tone. This looks nice and natural, which I love.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer– This is probably my favorite and can’t live without item. I feel like I always have circles under my eyes from not getting enough sleep and this definitely helps hid that. It’s long wearing and crease proof, so perfect.
- Laura Mercier Loose setting powder– So it’s no secret that I’m a fan of Laura Mercier. I feel like it isn’t crazy expensive, like some makeup, and it doesn’t a great job. I just quickly brush this on to set the tinted moisturizer and concealer. It always looks natural and never cakey, which I wouldn’t like!
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Highlighter Eye Crayon– This eye liner goes on nice and smooth. It’s waterproof and lasts all day, without smudging. I hate accidentally rubbing my eye and looking like a raccoon. Not the look I’m going for :).
- Make Up Forever Excessive Lash Mascara– I got a sample of this mascara when I bought something online and once I tried it, I was hooked. This makes my lashes so long and thick, without clumping together. Love it!
- Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder– This is another beauty product I heard a lot about, so I figured I would try it and I love it. It gives you a nice, healthy looking glow. I brush a little bit on my eyelids, instead of eyeshadow.
- Blistex– I toss on a little chapstick and done 🙂
Bam and I am done in 5 minutes.