Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
With school starting tomorrow for us, my daughters have been begging to make homemade Chocolate Chip Granola Bars. These are a favorite snack in our house and they never last long once we make them! My daughters love to help me make these and I love that they have a healthy snack on hand.
They are super easy to make, less expensive than buying granola bars in the store and I know all the ingredients that are in them, so it’s a win all around! This recipe makes 30 bars, which is awesome, since buying a box can cost $4 for only 8 or 10 bars. You can wrap them up individually or I just keep them together in a ziplock bag.
If you don’t want your kids having chocolate (I do think everything is okay in moderation) You can always substitute dried fruit like raisins, or cherries.
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2. Combine the dry ingredients together in a big bowl.
- 3. In a different bowl, add the canola oil, honey and vanilla and whisk together.
- 4. Add the wet ingredients to the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- 5. Use parchment paper to line a baking sheet and place mixture on top. Press into a rectangle, about 1 inch thick.
- 6. Bake for 40 minutes.
- 7. Let them cool completely (otherwise they will crumble) and cut them into 3 X 1 inch bars and enjoy!
- You can substitute raisins or other dried fruit for the chocolate.