Growing up, I was very picky. I wouldn’t eat anything to do with tomatoes or onions, so I’m still surprised at how much I love Bruschetta. It is one of my favorite and easier appetizers to make and always impresses my guests. I think it looks like it could be from a restaurant and is so good.
It is the perfect summer appetizer that you can serve at home or take to a BBQ. The perfect blend of tomatoes, onion and garlic.. With a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and a drizzle of sweet balsamic glaze, I’m looking for reasons to make this again and again.
Quick and Easy Bruschetta
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes, pitted and diced (about 4 tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion (about 1/4 onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 fresh Basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 loaf French Baguette, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a medium size bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, onion, salt, pepper and olive oil. Cover and store in the fridge for at least an hour, to bring out all the flavors.
- In a small saucepan, heat up the balsamic vinegar over medium heat until it boils. Keep stirring, until it reduces by half, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside. It will continue to thicken as it sits.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine olive oil and garlic powder. Brush onto the top side of the baguette.
- 3. Place to slices onto a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until golden and toasty.
- 4. Top each slice with a spoonful of the bruschetta mixture.
- 5. Sprinkle on the shaved parmesan cheese.
- 6. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- 7. Serve!